Quantum Leap and Demo Day
From time to time in all pursuits there are innovations that have a profound impact. In sports, the carbon fiber hockey stick, composite golf club shaft, and oversized ultra light tennis racquet have been such products. In curling, the carbon fiber handle and the Norway pad have had such a profound impact. The innovative continues with the release of the Quantum shoe. Once again, a game changer!. Consider:
- Easily replaceable slider and gripper discs in place of conventional sliders and grippers;
- Slider discs are made using various materials, each providing a different performance level.
- A new curler can start with more stable discs and then graduate to faster slider discs as they gain confidence on curling ice
- Gone are the days of replacing shoes because the slider is worn, or sending a shoe across the country to have a slider replaced. Quantum shoes are an investment in years of curling;
- Slider and gripper discs are readily available online or at your local club or curling supply store;
- Left handers simply snap the slider discs into the right shoe, and the gripper discs into the left. Stick curlers can simply snap gripper discs into both shoes. Others may choose to use slider discs on the front of their slider shoe, and gripper discs on the heel for greater stability;
- The disc pattern creates a "Stability Channel" down the center of the sole, distributing weight to the periphery and enhancing balance;
- Absolutely no drift;
- Speed can be as quick as or quicker than conventional fast sliders.
- Who is wearing them? Already many early adopters from new, club and competitive curlers (Brad Jacobs and Kaitlynn Lawes are a couple of names you may recognize!)
- Quantums have been worn by members of the winning and/or runner up team in every major spiel to date this season
Intrigued by the Quantum? In Toronto area - come and give them a try at our Demo Day, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, Saturday October 18th at Weston. In Ottawa area we are planning a Demo Day and will keep you posted. Otherwise talk to your local club or dealer and ask for a test drive.
Use What the Pros Use
The names of the worlds top curling teams are recognisable to even the most casual of curling fans - Brad Jacobs, Jennifer Jones, Rachel Homan, Eve Muirhead, Niklas Edin, Thomas Ulsrud, Sven Michel, Debbie McCormick, Brad Gushue, Jim Cotter, Chelsea Carey, Crystal Webster, Steve Laycock, Mary Fay, Heather Smith, Peter DeCruz, Alina Paetz, Team Jaggi, . This echelon of curlers, and many others who aspire to replace them, choose Goldline products. This group alone has amongst them many Olympic medals and a multitude of national and world titles. The Goldline product you choose is the exact same as that chosen by these elite teams.
This entry was posted in Goldline on October 17, 2014 by Andrew.
Helpful tips to kick-start the season
From Dr. Goldline
Our retail stores have been open since September and we have had all sorts of curlers in to visit us. Whether you are a new curler, a non-curler buying a gift for a curler, intermediate curler, a very seasoned curler, or a junior curler - we have all the assistance you need.
I am sure most of you seasoned curlers are digging out your shoes and are thinking they were in better condition at the end of last season! Don't worry you have options to choose from. At our stores, our staff can help you decide what is best for you.
If your shoe is still comfortable and in fair condition then our pro-shop services may be a good option.. You can upgrade your slider to a thicker and faster option or have your shoe re-gripped if you're finding your foot slipping on the ice while walking or sweeping. If you find your dragging toe is wearing - a toe coat would be a great option to preserve the shoe and reduce your drag. Visit our stores to find out more information. Click here for Goldline Curling Locations
New curlers will want to consider how much their budget allows and what they want to get out of their equipment. The key basics are a pair of comfortable curling shoes and a broom. The sliders on curling shoes warrant the most consideration as they come in various types and speeds. Our experienced staff can offer advice as to which speed is most appropriate for each individual. Beyond the slider, our shoes come in a wide variety of styles and in a broad price range.
Brooms are the other basic tool and many clubs offer free or rental versions. Upgrading from there will get you a more effective rotating head, a lighter composite handle, and the ultimate, a superlight carbon fiber handle.
An important note to our readers: Dr. Goldline is not a real doctor, in any way, shape or form; the moniker is used purely for entertainment value. In addition, the views expressed are entirely those of the author and not of management or any other curler. As the saying goes, "Put 3 lawyers/mathematicians/scientists (or curlers!) in a room and ask them the same question, and you'll get 3 different answers".
This entry was posted in Goldline on October 17, 2014 by Andrew.
The 2014/15 curling season has arrived! Although many club curlers do not start regular season play until after Thanksgiving, the high performance teams have already been battling it out on the ice.
The first event on the World Curling Tour calendar, the Baden Masters, was held August 29-31 in Baden, Switzerland. Twenty teams took part, and in the end, it was a contest between two Goldline ambassadors for the title. Congratulations to Team Ulsrud who defeated Team De Cruz in the finals.
At the Stu Sells Tankard in Oakville, ON Goldline Ambassadors Team Jaggi, Debbie McCormick, Team Paetz played on the ladies side while Team Edin battled on the men's side.
This week, the featured event on the curling calendar is The Shoot-Out at the Saville Centre. Goldline ambassadors Team Carey, Team Webster, Team Hamilton, Team Jaggi, Team Paetz and Team Ostlund will duel it out on the ice.
Also playing in the Shoot Out are Team Bottcher, Team Laycock and Team Michel.
Good luck to Team Heather Smith at the Curl Atlantic event this week as well.
Looking ahead, the next event on the roster is in Brockville, Ontario, where the AMJ Campbell Shorty Jenkins Classic will be played from September 18-21, 2014.
Team Homan and Team Muirhead will lead the competition on the ladies side while Team Jacobs, Team Edin, Team Gushue, Team Michel and Team De Cruz will battle in Brockville!
2014 Waterspiel Featuring Debbie McCormick's Mobile Pro Shop
Kirsten Wall Team Jones Olympic Gold Medallist
Please join us this Saturday, March 8th as Kirsten Wall, Team Canada Curling Gold Medallist stops by our Mississauga Pro Shop from 10 - 11am.
The Roar of the Rings is about to kick off in Winnipeg, and Goldline will be there. Not only is the field packed with Goldline sponsored teams, you'll have a chance to meet them! We'll have a fully stocked store near the arena, so come check it out!!
This entry was posted in Goldline on November 30, 2013 by Brian.
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- March 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- September 2010
- August 2010
- Calgary herald
- chelsea carey
- Curling Brooms
- curling brushes
- curling equipment
- curling pants
- curling shoes
- curling supplies
- fit guide
- Goldline 2012/13 catalogue and sizing information
- Goldline curling shoes
- john morris
- kevin martin
- men's and ladies curling shoes
- Norway Brush Head
- Podium series
- rep heads
- replacement pad
- Scottish Curling Tour
- size chart
- Vancouver 2010 Olympics
- New Arrivals (4)
- Curling Shoes (34)
- Curling Brooms (22)
- Replacement Pads & Covers (6)
- Curling Pants (9)
- Head First Protective Head Gear (22)
- Curling Jackets & Tops (14)
- Curling Gloves & Mitts (9)
- Delivery Devices (7)
- Timing Devices (5)
- Curling Accessories and Safety Equipment (5)
- Curling Bags (3)
- Curling Footwear Accessories (6)
- Jewelry (9)
- Novelty & Giftware (15)
- e-Gift Certificate (1)
- Goldline Pro Shop Services (0)
- Create Your Own (1)
- The Last End - Clearance Curling Equipment (18)
- Featured Products
You have no items in your shopping cart.
You have no items to compare.